Uttarkashi Tour Packages
Duration 02 Nights / 03 Days Price 0
Uttarkashi Tour Packages
Uttarkashi is one of the younger parts of Uttarakhand, formed in 1960. There is an uncanny purity about the place, making it one of the most visited cities of religious relevance in the area. Totally untouched by industrialism, except to simplify the existence, without over altering, the town is like no place you have ever spent your time in. While lakes and temples are in great numbers, the whole aura of religion is not over powering. Uttarkashi will give you a sense of heightened divinity and an out of body experience, and it is one of the fewest places doing so, even on the trekking routes it has to offer.
Day 1: Dehradun - Uttarkashi
Pick-up from Dehradun Railway Station as per your flights time or Airport, drive to Uttarkashi. check in at hotel & relax, evening free for individual activities. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 02: Uttarkashi Local Sightseeing
Have your breakfast at the hotel and Visit Vishwanath Temple & Others. Uttarkashi is home to a number of ashrams and temples and also to the Nehru Institute of Mountaineering. The name of the town reflects its similarity to and location (as north of) the city of Kashi (Varanasi). Similar to Varanasi, town of Uttarkashi is situated on the Ganges, lies next to a hill named Varun Parvat, on confluence of two rivers Varuna and Asi, has a ghat called Manikarnika Ghat and has a temple dedicated to Shiva (Kashi Vishwanath Temple) in the center of the town. Vishwanath temple - Vishwanath temple is one of the oldest Shiva temples in Northern India. Re-constructed in 1857 by Maharani Khaneti Devi of Tehri State in the ancient architectural style. It is situated at the heart of the town. A massive iron trident, symbolic of divine mother’s, is erected and worshiped from time immemorial at the temple complex. Ganeshji, Sakshi Gopal, Markandeya Rishi’s small shrines are also part of the temple complex. Akhand Jyoti as well as Akhand Abhishek, special aarti at morning and evening are offered. As per Skunda Puran, Uttarkashi is known as ‘Saumya Varanasi’, the abode of Lord Shiva in Kaliyug and counted as one of the twelve Jyotirlingas. Shakti temple - Right in front of the Vishwanath temple is Shakti temple. It has a big ‘Trishul’ of about 6 meters in height and a circumference of 90 cms. at bottom. Though there are different views about the making of this, the upper part of it seems to be made up of iron and the lower one is of copper. As per the epics this Shakti was thrown on the devils by the Goddess Durga(Shakti), hence it gets its name. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 03: Uttarkashi - Dehradun
After early breakfast, drive back to Dehradun. On arrive Dehradun, transfer to Railway Station or Airport.
Tour concludes but sweet memories remains
- Accommodation in Double sharing room
- Pick and Drop at time of arrival/departure
- Sightseeing by private car
- All tours and transfers by Personal Car is included.
- Camera fee
- Alcoholic / Non- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance
- 5 % GST
- Any Airfare / Train fare
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Tips, laundry & phone call
- Entrance fees to monuments and museum
- All personal expenses
- 25% Amount at the time of booking. 100% Amount 15 days or earlier, before travel date. Payment by cheque or online payment facility available. Your booking confirmation number will be provided to you.
- Strictly depends upon concerned hotel's cancellation policy
- Minimum Cancilation charges before 10days of Travel Date is 10% of package cost
Tour Cancilation policy
Terms & Conditions
- Package cost will change if opted for guide service, choice of transport vehicle, hotel type change
- Accommodation charges as mentioned in the package are with 2 persons staying together sharing the same room
- Extra persons in same room charges extra
- Altough we ensure you the best experience but unfortunate delays in travel and inefficient service of hotel is the responsibility of the respective parties.