Duration 04 Nights/ 05 Days Price 0
Gaumukh is considered to be the source site of the holy Ganges (Bhagirathi) river. Gaumukh is located 18 km away from Gangotri and at an altitude of 4255 meters. The word Gaumukh means - 'Gau' means cow and 'Mukh' means mouth, that means cow's mouth. Gaumukh looks like a cow's mouth, from which the sacred Ganges river by getting from the Gangotri glacier and comes out from Gaumukh. Gangotri Glacier is one of the glaciers of Himalaayn regions. That is why this place is known as named of Gaumukh. From Gangotri to Gaumukh is about 18 km travel on foot, this is one of the popular treks in the Himalayan region of Garhwal. On the way during the journey, the Bhagirathi (Ganga) river, dense forest of pine and deodar are meet. Apart from this, there are also beautiful alpine grasslands on the way.
Day 01: Dehradun - Gnagotri (Drive- 242 km / 8 hrs)
On arrival pick up from Dehradun Airport/Railway Station, transfer to Gangotri via Mussoorie. During the journey, you can enjoy the stunning view of Garhwal peaks. Evening and overnight stay at hotel.
Day 02: Gangotri - Bhojwassa (Trek 14 km/ 06 hrs)
Early morning breakfast and start trekking uphill towards Bhojwassa, along the Bhagirathi River. During the journey, you will across the superb view of the stunning peaks like Hanuman Tibba, Bhrigu Parbat, Bhagirathi peaks. Dinner and overnight stay in tents at Bhojwassa.
Day 03: Bhojwassa - Gomukh - Bhojwassa (Trek 8 km/ 04 hrs)
After breakfast, start trekking to Gomukh, the snout of the Gangotri Glacier. Explore Gomukh and then trek back to Bhojwassa for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 04: Bhojwassa - Gangotri (Trek 14 - 05 hrs) – Uttarkashi (Drive- 50 km / 03 hrs)
After breakfast, start trekking to Uttarkashi via Gangotri. Upon arrival in Uttarkashi, you will embark on a drive to Uttarkashi for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 05: Uttarkashi – Dehradun(145 kms/ 06 hrs)
After breakfast check out from the hotel. On arrival at Dehradun, proceed to airport/railway station for onward journey Tour End.
- 25% Amount at the time of booking. 100% Amount 15 days or earlier, before travel date. Payment by cheque or online payment facility available. Your booking confirmation number will be provided to you.
- Strictly depends upon concerned hotel's cancellation policy
- Minimum Cancilation charges before 10days of Travel Date is 10% of package cost
Tour Cancilation policy
Terms & Conditions
- Package cost will change if opted for guide service, choice of transport vehicle, hotel type change
- Accommodation charges as mentioned in the package are with 2 persons staying together sharing the same room
- Extra persons in same room charges extra
- Altough we ensure you the best experience but unfortunate delays in travel and inefficient service of hotel is the responsibility of the respective parties.
how to reach Dehradun
Places to Visit In Dehradun
- Asan Barrage
- Buddha Temple
- Chandrabani Temple
- Clock Tower
- Daat Kali Temple
- Forest Research Institute
- Fun Valley
- Guchupani or Robbers Cave
- Kalinga War Memorial
- Laxman Siddh Temple
- Malsi Deer Park
- MDDA Park
- Sai Temple
- Santala Devi Temple
- Shikhar Fall
- Shiv Temple
- Shri Ram Rai Gurudwara
- Subir Raha Oil Museum
- Tapkeshwar Temple
- Tapovan Temple
- Zonal Anthropological Museum